- Attach between your USB cable and charger to physically block data transfer / syncing. Charge mobile devices without any pop-ups or risk of hacking / uploading viruses in cars, airports etc
- PortaPow invented the first data blocker in the UK in 2013 and ours are now used by the governments of the USA, Canada, UK and New Zealand as well as many corporations around the world to secure their devices
- Built in SmartCharge chip switches between Apple, Universal and Samsung standards to ensure it can charge your device at up to 2.4A
- This is our USB-A to A version, USB-C and others available. Read below if its the right one for your device.
- The only data blocker to physically show you that its blocking data and several other great features. See full details below.
model number: PPSCA02
Part Number: PPSCA02
Details: Following the success of our Data Block USB cables, Data Blocker USB Adaptor released in 2013 and the ‘SmartCharge’ Data Blocker released in 2015, we've now released our latest update.
The 3rd Gen PortaPow Data Blocker still connects to the end of your USB charging cable allowing you to charge your device safely with no risk of viruses / hacking, and incorporates our SmartCharge chip to send the correct charging signal for your device, which can even improve charging speed if your charger is sending the wrong signal. It still has the same compact size so it won't block neighboring sockets if your charger/computer has several side by side.
Improvements include visible security, laser etching, zero waste packaging and a string lasso. See photos for more details.
The blocker will not solve charging issues caused by a low quality or extra long cable, a low powered socket (eg some car sockets) or a device which requires a non-standard signal (eg some SatNavs / DashCams). In these cases please use a different charger or cable. Devices which charge using Qualcomm Quick Charge, Samsung Adaptive Fast Charge, Motorola TurboPower or similar standards require data transfer to be enabled and a compatible charger, so will not charge at extra fast speeds from normal USB sockets or with a data blocker.
Package Dimensions: 3.2 x 2.4 x 0.5 inches
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.